Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A bus with a difference!

LAURA POSTING FOR THE 1ST TIME!

Down the streets of Phnom Penh on a Friday at 5pm you’ll see a Big Green bus with a difference. Driving through the traffic jammed city ‘Hischild’ brings love and hope to children that live on the streets.


Dave and I arrive with the other 5 staff to the buses destination, which to me looks like a lovely grassy area, but it’s actually a roundabout. This is where some of them will sleep for the night.
Looking out of the windows of the bus, you see children running towards you with faces full of excitement and determination.


The children know the routine, they can have a bath, have their nails cut and they can be attended to for small wounds. Be given some food, play games and have some basic education.
The doors open and one after one the children get on. Their faces so beautiful but also so bewildered. Some children have parents and some don’t.


I ask myself, why and how are these beautiful kids just left on the streets to fend for themselves? It’s not all as simple as that I tell myself. Drifting into thought, I realised I had volunteered to bath some of the kids that evening. They were all lining up in the bus ready with anticipation.

As I looked out of the bus doors more children were heading for it and some were having their nails cuts. I looked across the grass and saw a small girl screaming, she was probably about 18 months old. We soon realised that the little girl had ants all in her trousers and they were biting her.


The poor girl looked so overwhelmed as she was given to me and even more bewildered by me giving her a bath. This girl was so beautiful, I just wanted to show her some love and put a smile on her face. To my amazement she smiled at me by the end of the evening

For me the evening was filled with water, soapsuds and young boys and girls climbing over me. It was overwhelming for me, emotions flying everywhere.


The evening was awesome though and I realised by the end of the evening, that even the smallest things I do for people in Cambodia, show God’s heart for this nation!

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW... that's deep. Will be praying for you and all the good work you are doing

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! Laura, God has really put you in the right place!Exciting stuff!love u guys xxx

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a test for JK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home